Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Matariki

We have been celebrating Matariki in Totara 2. One of the school wide tasks was to choose one of the 9 Matariki stars and create a banner representing that star. We chose Waita as our star. Waita is the star that represents the ocean and all of the food sources that are found in the ocean. We decided to create a fun Nemo theme. Ella led the way and managed this project. Thanks for all your hard work Ella, we couldn't have done it without you! Come into school to see all of the classes banners which are being hung around the school!

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Totara 2,
    I have had lots of fun and learning over the last few days checking out class blogs and reading about what everyone is doing to celebrate Matariki. I really love your art work and can imagine your banners look amazing hanging around the school. Waita and the food source of the ocean would have been very important for our ancestors as they relied lots of the ocean for kai moana. Did you have a special Matariki celebration at Grey Main School?
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Tania
    My name is Holly and I am a Year 8 learner in T2. Thank you for your comment we are really proud of our Matariki banner. Ella was in charge of designing it and lots of us helped paint it. We think the ocean is a really important resource for food not just for our ancestors but for us as well. Some of the junior syndicates had a shared lunch to celebrate Matariki. Thanks again.
    From Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora totara 2! This looks like an awesome matariki banner! I really love the clown fish. Arliah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Totara 2 My name is Declan I really like the bright blue sea and because its got Nemo in the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora Totara 2 I like your Nemo themed banner.My favourite part about the banner was the whale and the turtle because they are cute! Our class did a banner too,our star was Tupuanuku.
    This is a great post
    From Mylee and Yana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Torara

    I am from Panmure Bridge School. I really enjoyed looking at your new banner. My favorite part of it was Dory and Nemo. Swimming

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.